Kerem Görsev began his adventure in music at the age of 6 when he started studying piano at the classical music conservatory in Istanbul. He continued his musical education at the Istanbul State Conservatory for twelve years until he started to play jazz. His first admiration was for Parker and Miles. After this, he has always liked bop and bebop music. This influence has been persistent throughout his professional life. Kerem Görsev never fails to mention how good he feels when listening to Bill Evans.
In the early years of his career, he has performed at the various clubs in Istanbul both with Turkish and foreign musicians. He has performed in two concerts with Elvin Jones Jazz Machine in Eskisehir Festival in 1999.
Recognized as a talented composer and pianist, he has started his recording with his first album “Hands and Lips” in 1994. Since then, he has produced a total of 13 albums of his own. In his albums, he has explored a wide spectrum- ranging from his duo albums featuring American jazz standards to his orchestral album called “November in St.Petersburg” which consists of his own compositions and is recorded with the St.Petersburg Philharmonic Orchestra. In between lies Kerem Görsev’s other albums recorded in the more traditional, classical jazz trio or quintet formats.
In 2001, Kerem Görsev recorded and released “Warm Autumn” in New York with Eric Revis Russell Gunn, JD Allen, Jason Jackson, Eric Revis, Alvester Garnett, and Kahlil Kewane Bell. This album was followed by a different concept album, “Existence” - a meeting point between jazz and classical music. In 2004, the artist recorded his next album “Meeting Point” with Russell Gunn, Eric Revis, Alvester Garnett and Marcus Strickland in New York. The album featured all his original compositions.
Kerem Görsev had many performances in Turkey and abroad since the early days of his career. In the past ten years, he has performed at various festivals, university concerts and organizations in many cities in addition to Istanbul including Trabzon, Antalya, Malatya, Isparta, Bodrum, Çeme ,Manisa and İzmir as well as international performances in Baku, Vilnius, Copenhagen, Muenster, Coesfeld, Stuttgart, Islamabad, Cyprus, Vienna, and Bologna .
Kerem Gorsev recorded two trio projects, "Orange Juice" and Diversion" in 2005 and 2009 respectively. He has also recorded and released a duo album with Allan Harris in 2007 called "Back Again". This album consists of jazz standards from 1940's and 1960's.
"Therapy" was his next album and it was recorded at Abbey Road Studios with London Philharmonia Orchestra, conducted by Alan Broadbent. “Therapy” features ten compositions by Kerem Görsev. Musicians on the album include Ernie Watts (tenor saxophone), Kağan Yıldız (doublebass), Ferit Odman (drums). It was released in December 2010.
Kerem Görsev recorded his next album "To Bill Evans" in Prague with City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Alan Broadbent and with Kağan Yıldız on the bass and Ferit Odman on the drums. The album consists of seven compositions by the artist, all arranged by Alan Broadbent. The recordings sessions were held on March 12th& 13th, 2013. This album was released in May 2013.
In October, 2014, Kerem Görsev recorded his quartet album “Emirgan” in Istanbul. Two time Grammy award winner Ernie Watts accompanied the artist for the album with Kağan Yıldız on bass and Ferit Odman on drums. The album consists of Kerem Görsev’s nine original compositions. It was released in November 2014 both domestically and internationally. In 2015, Kerem Gorsev got together with Ernie Watts again after a tour of the album and together with Kağan Yıldız and Ferit Odman to record a second album in the same quartest format. This album , "Four Days", consists of the musicians compositions from his earlier work of 1994-1997 . It was released one year after the first one in November 2015.
Kerem Görsev had numerous concert performances in Turkey as well as performing at international festivals and events. The following are some of the artist’s important concerts:
• Kerem Görsev Quartet + 3 -2nd International Istanbul Jazz Festival, 1995
• Kerem Görsev Trio – Slovenia, 1996
• Kerem Görsev & Eric Revis Duo Concert – Akbank Jazz Festival 1996
• Kerem Görsev Trio – Muenster 1996
• Kerem Görsev Trio – Gelsenkirchen 1997
• Elvin Jones Jazz Machine – 5th International Eskisehir Jazz Festival 1999
• Kerem Görsev Existence Project – 9th International Istanbul Jazz Festival 2002
• Kerem Görsev Trio - International Baku Jazz Festival, 2004
• Kerem Görsev Trio- Copenhagen, 2004
• Kerem Görsev Trio – Islamabad, 2005
• Kerem Görsev Trio - International Vilnius Jazz Festival 2005.
• Kerem Görsev Orange Juice Project – 13th International Istanbul Jazz Festival 2006
• Kerem Görsev & İlhan Ersahin – Bologna 2008
• Kerem Görsev & Istanbul Jazz Band, ‘Wiener Kafeesiederball’ ,Vienna,2008
• Kerem Görsev Trio - 36th International Pescara Jazz Festival, 2008
• Kerem Görsev Trio - Umbria Jazz 08, 2008
• Kerem Görsev Trio - 18th Akbank Jazz Festival, 2008
• Kerem Görsev with Alexander Shustin and St.Petersburg Philharmonic Orchestra – St.Petersburg, 2008
• Kerem Görsev – “Diversion” Project - 6th International İzmir Jazz Festival, 2009
• Kerem Görsev Trio – British Academy Concert, Muscat 2009
• Kerem Görsev Trio & Fatih Erkoc 16th International Istanbul Jazz Festival, 2009
• Kerem Gorsev Trio - International Ankara Jazz Festival in 2010
• Kerem Gorsev Trio - Opening act for Tony Bennet Concert at the17th International Istanbul Jazz Festival, 2010
• Kerem Görsev Chamber Jazz - 62nd Dubrovnik Classical Festival 2011
• Kerem Görsev Chamber Jazz - Marciac Jazz Festival 2011
• Kerem Görsev with Erol Erdinc & Filarmonica Arturo Toscanini - Bologna, 2012
• Therapy Concert - Kerem Görsev Trio with CRR Symphony Orchestra Alan Broadbent & Ernie Watts, 2013
• Therapy Concert - Kerem Görsev Trio with Alan Broadbent & Ernie Watts, 20th Izmir International European Jazz Festival, 2013
• Therapy Concert - Kerem Görsev Trio with Alan Broadbent & Ernie Watts, 16th International Ankara Jazz Festival, 2013
• To Bill Evans Concert - Kerem Görsev with Deuctsche Philharmonie Merck -20th International Istanbul Jazz Festival, 2013
· Kerem Görsev Trio Feat, Ernie Watts Special Guest Elif Çağlar Muslu – 12th International Alanya Jazz Festival
· Bologna Concert – Kerem Görsev Trio with Ernie Watts, 2014
· Two Piano Concerts with Alan Broadbent in Izmir and Istanbul,2014
· Kerem Gorsev Trio with Ernie Watts - International Ankara Jazz Festival in 2015
• Kerem Gorsev Trio with Ernie Watts- İzmir and Antalya Concerts in 2015
· Kerem Gorsev Quartet - Akbank Jazz Festival in 2015
• Kerem Görsev Trio & Skopje Philarmonic Orchestra - Skopje and Bitola in 2015
Kerem Görsev Discography:
Hands & Lips (1995)
I Love May (1996)
For Murat (1997)
Laid Back (1999)
November in St.Petersbourg (2000)
Warm Autumn (2001)
Meeting Point (2004)
Orange Juice (2005)
Back Again (2007)
To Bill Evans (2013)
Four Days (2015)